The Facts on Teenagers and Drug Abuse
Scope of the Problem
- By the 12th Grade – HALF of adolescents have used an illicit drug at LEAST once.
- Those who experiment between 8-10 years old are 500% more likely to develop addiction.
- 40% of those who started drinking before age 14 develop alcohol dependence compared to 10% after age 17.
- Being Male. However, progression is faster in females.
- Family History – involves genetic predisposition.
- Having mental health disorder (ADHD, PTSD, depression, etc)
- Difficult family situation.
- Anxiety, Depression, Loneliness.
Drug Overdoses Kill More than Cars, Guns and Falling
Drug Overdoses = 41,340
Traffic Accidents = 33,692
Guns = 32,251
Falling = 28,360
The Dirty Dozen – 12 Reasons Teens Use prescription drugs
- Easy to get from Parent’s Medicine Cabinets.
- Available Everywhere
- “They are NOT Illegal Drugs”
- Easy to get through other people’s prescriptions.
- Can claim to have a prescription if caught.
- They are cheap.
- Safer to use than illegal drugs.
- Less shame attached to using.
- Easy to purchase over internet.
- Fewer side effects than street drugs.
- Can be used as study aids.
- Parents don’t care as much if caught.
Where Your Kids Get Drugs
54% – Free from friend or relative
18% – Obtained from ONE doctor
17% – Bought or took them from friend or relative
4% – Bought from drug dealer or stranger
2% – Obtained from MORE than one doctor.
0.3% – Bought Online
Prescription Drugs Not Going Away
Every 15 minutes, an American dies from an unintended drug overdose – mostly prescription drugs.
Unintentional drug overdoses are now the leading cause of accidental death in the US.
We are 5% of world population and consume 75% of world’s prescription drugs.
When parents speak with teenage kids about Drug Use they are 42% LESS likely to use drugs.
US Rehab Network offers over 100 private rehab centers nationwide.
- Inpatient Rehab
- Outpatient Recovery
Treatment Can Truly be Private
Parents who find their teenage kids mired in addiction can seek confidential treatment.
In addition to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), records for patients undergoing treatment for substance abuse are protected under Title 42 in the Code of Federal Regulations (42 CFR).
The Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers offer both inpatient and outpatient treatments for highest success rates.
US Rehab Network offers top treatment at over 100 Rehab centers nationwide.
Immediate insurance verifications are available, and the Network takes care of ALL arrangements!
Call (888) 598-0909 today.