Drug and Alcohol Rehab for Lawyers and Judges
Lawyers and Judges abuse drugs and alcohol at a higher rate than the general population. Here’s the statistics.
- 18-20% of lawyers abuse drugs. Approximately 220,000 (1.1 million US attorneys)
- 25% of lawyers facing disciplinary actions are found to be abusing drugs or alcohol and over 50% suffer from a mental disorder (dual diagnosis).
Why Do Lawyers and Judges Abuse Drugs and Alcohol
Here are some of the various reasons why lawyers are twice as likely as general population to abuse drugs and alcohol.
- Long Hours at Work – Average Lawyer works 60-80 hrs weekly.
- Studies show people who work 50+ hrs/wk are 3 times more likely to abuse alcohol.
- 33% of lawyers diagnosed with mental disorders. Large correlation with drug/alcohol abuse = dual diagnosis.
Like other high functioning professionals, lawyers and judges often carry an extreme workload. Then they escape their professional or family problems by using drugs or alcohol.
Fear of Receiving Treatment
70% of drug and alcohol dependent lawyers think they can handle the problem.
40% fear that receiving official treatment would have a negative impact on their reputation.
Treatment can be Completely Private
As long as drug and alcohol rehab is sought voluntarily by the judge or attorney, it can remain completely private. There are 2 reasons for this. The first is HIPAA and the second is the Federal Regulations associated with Title 42. There is no mandatory notification of any licensing board.
US Rehab Network offers drug and alcohol rehab at over 100 nationwide private rehab centers. We take care of ALL arrangements and have an extensive intake process. Call us TODAY at (888) 598-0909!